How to Wash Your Quick Weave
Ready to learn how to properly wash your quick weave? Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Wet your hair with warm water.
- Use a high-quality shampoo that is compatible with the glue on your hair. Apply it at various points throughout your hair, massage gently into the scalp, hair and hairpieces. Be gentle to avoid tangling the hair or damaging the weave connections.
- Rinse the hair with running water to get all the shampoo out.
- Apply a cream-based deep conditioner to your hair, avoiding the wefts, and make sure it is not alcohol-based.
- Rinse out the conditioner.
- If the weave is straight, you can gently comb or brush it. Use wide-toothed combs or your fingers for wavy weaves, and brush curly weaves only with your fingers.
- Pat your hair dry with a towel, making sure it is lint-free.
- Dry the wefts of the hairpieces. Avoid using a hairdryer directly over the bonded areas as it could cause damage to your hair.
By following these simple steps and washing your quick weave every week, you’ll keep it clean and in good condition.
Maintaining Your Quick Weave: What You Need to Know
Maintaining your quick weave is crucial if you want to keep it looking fabulous and healthy. Here are some things you need to know:
1. Wash your quick weave regularly: Don’t be afraid to wash your weave! Use warm water and a compatible shampoo to gently clean your hair every week. Remember to use a deep conditioner and astringent to keep your scalp clean.
2. Comb or brush gently: If you have a straight weave, feel free to comb or brush it gently. For wavy weaves, use a wide-toothed comb or your fingers. Curly weaves should only be brushed with your fingers.
3. Use a satin sleeping cap: To prevent tangles and frizz, use a satin sleeping cap to cover your hair while you sleep.
4. Be careful when removing the weave: Removing a quick weave is as important as installing it. Make sure to follow instructions and be patient when removing the glue. Improper removal can lead to hair breakage and damage.
Congratulations, you have successfully learned how to maintain your quick weave! By following the steps outlined in this article, you can keep your quick weave looking fresh and clean for up to 8 weeks. Remember to wash your hair with a compatible shampoo and a cream-based deep conditioner, detangle it gently, and dry it thoroughly with a lint-free towel. When going to bed, consider wrapping or tying your hair depending on the style. Removing a quick weave requires patience and a careful approach to avoid any potential hair damage. With a little bit of care and attention, you can enjoy the versatility and convenience of a quick weave without sacrificing your hair’s health. Thank you for choosing That Sister to guide you through this process.